Cloanto's RetroPlatform Team and its generous supporters have been preserving and making accessible classical software and content since 1997.
This web site is dedicated to RetroPlatform developers and partners.
- For programmers: documentation on RetroPlatform APIs and plugins
- For skin designers: information to create player skins
- For creators of RP9 file sets and tools: documentation on XML tags, thumbnail formats, etc.
- For retrogaming and emulation site maintainers: information on affiliate opportunities
RetroPlatform technology and features already include:
- A skinnable, brandable player for Windows that can seamlessly connect with multiple emulation engines, offering advanced services (search, content recognition, configuration, save state, etc.) under a friendly user interface.
- Multiple players can co-exist on the same system. Custom players can be single-platform or multi-platform, and can be set to play back any desired content.
- RP9 file format, which is emerging as the "MP3 of retrogaming"
- RetroPlatform Library, a database of more than 10,000 titles (with an additional 10,000+ already queued for inclusion)
Whether you are a developer, a museum, a content provider or a possible partner, RetroPlatform has something unique for you. If you would like to learn more, feel free to contact us.